Nov 18, 2014

YOU | Introducing Boots!



His name is Mr. Boots MacKiddie and he is a cute little kitty recently adopted by our friend Hazel MacKiddie.

Boots is a 2 year old orange tabby and Hazel got him from the Lincoln County Humane Society in St. Catharines, where their special $25 cat adoptions included spay or neutering, microchip, and first set of vaccinations. The humane society has a record number of stray cats and kittens, more than the facility is set up for and as a result, they have offered this special deal as an incentive to find good homes for more cats.

I met Boots on Tuesday when I was at Hazel's clean things up on her computer. Boots is still a bit shy, but he did come to me and let me pet him, brush him and take his pix.  I think it's partially because of my soft voice, it's not exactly loud or "manly" and as soon as I go into my gibberish cat baby-talk, we make an instant connection.

Hazel said "He sure likes you".

I have to admit, I was not surprised. Cats and I have ALWAYS had this "thing" going on. Even cats that people have said don't like anyone have approached me like we were long lost pals -the very first time we met, to the total disbelief of my friends.

Just call me the cat whisperer. ME-OW, ME-OW!

No comments: