Jan 28, 2015

PETS | Like "Father", Like "Son"

My little pal Timmi had to go to the vet's almost 2 weeks ago. He had impacted, infected anal glands. The dirty deed was taken care of by the vet and techs and I took him home with a 10 day supply of an anti-biotic and an appointment to check his progress a week later.

The follow-up visit was last Friday. His left gland had to be expressed again, but otherwise he looked good.  A few days later, Timmi started "scooching" on the mat and floor, Other times he wouldn't walk. He'd start, but then stop and sit down again. 

To make the behaviour even more perplexing, Timmi was fine each morning when we did our walks.... walking normally, doing his "poopies", all was right with the world.

Then we'd get back inside and Timmi is once again scooching and sitting and licking. WTF!?  I booked another appointment with the vet.  After I explained to Dr. Hobbs what was going on, she took Timmi to the back to check things out.  There was some good news.  His glands were fine and there was no sign of infection.

During Timmi's first visit, they had to shave his hind end, so Dr. Hobbs thinks it could be itchy because the fur is growing back in.  She scissor trimmed a few pieces of fur and applied some cortisone cream.  I was told I too can use cortisone cream on his butt and apply cool compresses.

When Dr. Hobbs was giving her diagnosis to me, she joked that Timmi is a bit "delicate". I said he's neurotic. She said there was no charge for that.

Even the receptionist knows Timmi. When the patient and I returned to the waiting area and I told her what we discovered, she referred to him as a "drama queen".

I guess it is actually true. Pets really do take after their owners.

 

No comments: