Aug 7, 2015

KIDS | Tickets Please

While his parents enjoyed a couple of days away, my nephew Graham stayed at my place. A little extra preparation had taken place prior to Graham's arrival as I turned my living room into 'Uncle Ken's Theatre.'

I had created signs & theatre tickets and had two current feature movies for us to enjoy. I even had a copy of the infamous Drive-In Intermission cartoon.... you know, the one where the candy bars dance, a bag of popcorn does a juggling act and a hot dog performs tricks, before leaping into the bun. As suspected, the Intermission cartoon was something Graham had never seen before, and he really got a kick out of it.

Joining Graham, Timmi and I in 'Uncle Ken's Theatre' were Homer & Bart Simpson, the Minions, a ceramic cat and Wilbur the pig, all who had their admission tickets and front row seats. Our double feature ended just past midnight, bedtime for my house guest.

During his visit, Graham and I went to McDonald's, the local splash pad and took Timmi for several walks, while we searched the neighbourhood for feral cats.

We hope to have another sleepover before Graham (who will be 10 in October) goes back to school.