Aug 2, 2015

CLASSIC VIDEO | The Osmond Brothers take us "Down by the Lazy River"

Forget One Direction, in the early 70's, the Osmond Brothers were our favourite boy band,  I remember playing the 45's of their song on my record player, over and over AND OVER again.

And if my mom got tired of hearing them and told me to turn off my record player, I merely needed to open a window or step outside our house and I would get to hear Donny and his brothers songs blaring from the houses on either side of my family's place.

Those homes are where Scribbles pals like Karin, Kelly, another Kelly and Kim lived, and they were big Osmond fans too.

Karin admits she was one of the millions in love with Donny and that she saw the Osmonds at the CNE and thought she was in heaven.

Kim says she probably still has the 45's of the Osmonds hits and although she wasn't one of our neighbours, our friend Pam tells Scribbles she had every Osmond record and loved Donny.

I loved Donny Osmond (and David Cassidy from the Patridge Family) just as much as the girls in my neighbourhood and their posters were all over my bedroom walls as well. In a futile attempt to cover my true feelings, I also had posters of Eve Plumb who played Jan on the Brady Bunch.

I'm pretty sure I fooled no one. LOL!

Here's one of the Osmonds biggest hits.