Mar 2, 2016

JOE FRIDAY SPECIAL EDITION | featuring Timmi

After Jim Steel posted these photos and text on his facebook page, the series was just begging (yes, I went there...LOL) to become a comic strip. 

Sit. Stay... and enjoy...

PHOTOS & TEXT BY JIM STEEL  | LAYOUT BY SCRIBBLES

It's funny how one thing leads to another...

I had no sooner finished the Joe Friday auto repair piece when it reminded me of when I had my car [insert long sad pause here.] Truck or car, I know very little about either of them except how to make them go. So when my car "Betsy" needed repairs I was putty in the mechanic's hands.

Some women have told me in the past that when they went to a mechanic, the guy assumes cuz they are a woman, they'll know nothing about cars.

With me, many mechanics think that as a guy, I obviously know what they're talking about when they start rattling off parts that need to be fixed or replaced.  I often didn't want to "blow my cover" and admit I had no clue what the mechanic was talking about, so I'd tell him to go head with the repair, that I may have or have not needed at all.


Here's a comic strip of when I had a car...


MORE NEW JOE FRIDAY AFTER THE FOLLOWING POSTS