Mar 22, 2020

editorial...Grey Skies Are Gonna Clear Up...

IN NEED OF SOMETHING BRIGHT & CHEERY,  I
CREATED  A NEW  DISPLAY AREA FOR MY SIMPSONS
COLLECTIBLES. WATCH FOR AN IN-DEPTH LOOK
 AT MY EFFORTS IN AN UPCOMING VIDEO
Hello Everyone,

It's been about 3 weeks since we last met here, so let's start off by getting you up to speed as to where we are at.

Originally, I had hoped to have several new posts and a new video ready for your amusement this weekend. But between a busy but fun week of cat sitting, followed by a week of chronic neck & back pain and the anxiety caused by Covid-19, all that I've completed in the "new stuff" department is an ever-growing list of things I plan on featuring.

As of now, it looks like these newbies will be ready for their close-ups by next weekend. Included in the launch will be our review of Tanya Tucker's awesome concert, Rob & Rodney's 40th birthday, a video about my Simpsons collectibles, new canine companions and a new look for Scribbles SuperFans feature.

Now to address the self-isolated elephant in the room. Judging by some of your Facebook posts and conversations about Covid-19, it appears there's a mix of optimism, fear and anger.

The optimism comes from those who applaud our country's efforts to minimize the spread of the frightening virus, with added hope that things will return to normal soon.

fear comes from the uncertainty of it all (Who has it? Who will get it? How do I keep my loved ones and myself safe? How long will we need to isolate? etc.)

And lastly, there's anger towards those who left store shelves barren for the rest of us, by stock piling toilet paper and hand santizer (and even greater contempt towards those who are reselling these items online at staggering costs) and anger at those world leaders and individuals who point a finger of blame, downplay just how dangerous Covid-19 really is, and defiantly ignore social distancing and self isolation, putting all us in harm's way.
I can't cure the Corona virus, nor can I speed up the time frame it is going to take before things return to "normal", but I can provide you with a little escape and distraction, after all it's what Scribbles does as the best of times, so now it seems even more essential.

I could have simply waited until the new posts were ready, but I feel there's an urgency towards lifting spirits right NOW...not a week from now. With that in mind, I explored some of Scribbles past posts, with particular attention towards those that made me laugh, smile or feel good about humanity. The results are a selection of 10 encore posts and two classic Scribbles comics, all designed to brighten your day.

I'm calling this our get HAPPY edition and I hope it does precisely that.

Hang in there my treasured friends, this too shall pass.

Sincerely,
Ken