Jul 20, 2011




Jojo's a Beautiful Bride

We told you about it, now here's the "proof". Our pal Joanne Bonadies wed Kent Kildow in a breathtaking ceremony in New Jersey. We found the wedding pix featured here on facebook. Joanne's friend Susan Stiglianese Major posted them and tagged Joanne.

The couple spent their honeymoon in Italy, trying hard to find places that weren't too "touristy", sometimes with success and other times not.

It was great to hear about the magical day and honeymoon, Jojo...my dear "SS".

All the best to you and Kent!


The newleyweds were featured with our logo recently.
Click pix below to view large version...



Purr-fect Companions

Newlywed Joanne Kildow put these delightful photos on facebook a while ago, so we doubt that her kittens Dean and Rocky are quite this small now, but surely no less adorable.

The kitten bro's came into Joanne's home and heart shortly after the passing of her beloved cat Lance. And we can easily see how. Some may think "double trouble" but I think it is actually "double the fun".



 VIDEO CLIP:

NEW HOME at MY HOME



photos above and on video clip below, courtesy Bob Miller and scribbles
Click pix to view larger version


Celebrating with "Sister Jane"

Officially my sister Jane Storie's birthday was July 21st, but she celebrated the event a few days early this year. After returning from a mini-vacation with her boyfriend Ken Clark, Jane gathered with family at her mom's place on Sunday. After a much needed afternoon nap, I too joined the gang just in time for the delicious birthday cake and BBQ burgers and hot dogs. YUM!


Despite the humid temperature, the traditional marshmallow roast was still a go (as we see to the right as my mom assists Kim with her marshmallow) and there was lots of presents for the birthday girl. Including not one but two cards from her son Graham -one he picked out with his daddy and one he made while staying at Uncle Ken's while his parents were away.



 NEW VIDEO CLIP
JANE'S "KILLER" BIRTHDAY
photos courtesy Bob Miller and scribbles

It was great going to your birthday party Jane.



"Little Man"
Comes for a Visit

While his parents enjoyed a few day in Niagara Falls, my nephew Graham spent time with his Uncles Ken. Graham and I went shopping, dropped by my friend Becky's place (she has a koi pond and Graham loves to feed the fishies), made a cool card for his mommy's birthday, played, and watched Finding Nemo -two days in a row!

At night, Graham and I would go back up to his family's apartment so our "Little Man" (my new nickname for him) could sleep in his own bed. Then it was back to Uncle Ken's right after breakfast the next morning for another day of fun!!

With Rob still on the mend, an active 5 year old, a dog that needs walkies and a finicky cat, all under the same roof as me, we had a full house indeed!

Uncle Ken enjoyed our visit "Little Man" -despite having to wear his ice pack and lay down a fair bit- You were such a good boy, I can't wait to visit with you again!! 




My Cat Uses the Toilet...


Well it's Fact and Fiction. My cat J.R. has used a toilet, but as a seat rather than the more practical use. The photo above is where I recently found my furry friend hanging out. Now if only he could lift the seat and do his business, his Daddy would give him lots of his favourite cat food for sure!

iCat

After sitting on the thrown for a while, J.R. thoroughly washes his paws (hey, we live in the heart of "C-Diff " and the "Super Bug" zone.) Then it's time to enjoy his fave iphone app..."Talking Tom Cat" ...naturally!




Big Wheels Keep on Turning...

My brother-in-law Don arrived at my sister's birthday party in his "new" 2006 GMC truck. I didn't get a chance to check it out much, but our family friend Bob who was also at the party did. He told me the truck has all the bells and whistles and the engine purrs.

Bob seemed impressed by it, so that's good enough for me. It must be a great truck!





And Speaking of Trucks....

I once owned a truck - it was a gift and not my first choice for a vehicle. When I was the proud owner of "Betsy, the Brown Bomber", all I used the bed area for was to toss Timmi's used poop bags into, until I got to a garbage can.

I'm more car-oriented and still have trouble telling the many kinds of cars apart.

I may be 50 years old, but I didn't get my license until I was 39. Until then, vehicles were identified by size and colour. As in "There's a nice looking little black car" or "That's a cool big red truck".

In my 12 years driving, I haven't exactly become a pro when it comes to wheels. I still use the size and colour routine to this very day.


You can bet they're serving this tasty salad at the Convery's family cottage this week.
The weather we have been having is the perfect time for this recipe.