Jul 11, 2011

click on pix for larger version

Happy 21st Anniversary Kim and Don

It doesn't seem possible, but it was 21 years ago on July 7th that my sister Kim wed her sweetheart Don Papple. Now they're the parents of two active kids, Erin (almost 16) and Patrick (12).

I remember the ceremony quite well. It was held in Niagara-on-the-Lake on a beautiful Summer day. The couple exchanged vows in a gazeboo in a popular park, much to the delight of guests and random passersby. Later we regrouped at Queen's Landing for dinner and reception. Kim and Don's first dance as husband and wife was to "The Sea of Love" by the Honeydrippers. I still think of them whenever I hear that song.

Congratulations Kim and Don on your anniversary...and here's to many more!


 Hip-Shaking Homer Makes Ken Happy

Imagine my delight when my mom recently surprised me with a special gift...a plush Homer Simpson doll that moves, sings and speaks. There was no special ocassion for the gift (making it even more of a surprise) mom just thought I'd like it because she knows I'm a huge fan and love to collect Simpsons stuff.

Mom, what can I say, I was (and still am) totally thrilled and you really made my day. Thank you so much.

Below is a clip of BBQing Homer (wearing a chef hat, oven mitts and an apron) shaking and singing.

 MINI VIDEO CLIP OF HOMER:


Showing Their True Colours

After completing 77 pedicures throughout the month of June (that's 770 terrific toes) our Nova Scotia friend Angela O'Neill-Whiteley was ready for a break. To kick off her Canada Day weekend, Angela did something else she's a master at- face painting.

Pictured here are Angela and her daughter Kayla, getting in the spirit of the day with fabulous maple leafs on their patriotic faces, co-ordinated perfectly with red t-shirts.  Looking good girls!

click on pix for larger version

Maple Leafs Forever

While her husband and kids were busying themselves painting the family cottage in Turkey Point, my sister Kim Papple took the opportunity to enjoy a well-deserved day off by inviting family to drop by her place for a Canada Day visit.

As Kim has a passion for decorating, she made sure the Papple residence was well-prepared with Canadian flags and red maple leafs aplenty, as we see in the photo collection above. She even had temporary Canada flag tattoos on hand, so even her guests could be decked out for the occasion.

Great job decorating Sis, Canada's founders would be proud!

Wave 'Em if You've Got 'Em

My mom (Joan Storie) and her friend Bob Miller smile for the camera, as they proudly hold a Canadian flag, while enjoying a visit at my sister Kim's place.


Proud Canadian Canine

Timmi looked paws-sitively perfect with his little Canadian flag tag which his "daddy" helped put on his collar. Meanwhile I wore my Canadian pride around my wrist, along side something else I love a lot...LOL!



 

McGraw Brings Hits to Scribbles

It may have been a coincidence, but the day we sent our email letting you know we posted our review of Tim McGraw's Emotional Traffic Tour, we had over 130 visits to scribbles. Could it be there's a lot more McGraw fans out there than we first thought?

Oh, no one could blame you for liking him. He's been on the top of the Country music charts for over two decades, has had numerous number one Country hits and several cross-over chart-toppers, he's a great entertainer and a decent down-to-earth guy. Wrap all that up with his good looks and that trademark cowboy hat and, well, what's NOT to like?

Above is a short clip of photos and video I captured at his Hamilton concert, combined with some footage found on YouTube. It's brief, but hopefully gives you a feel for what his show was like.

And if case you missed out, or just want to read it again, click below to read our complete review of Tim McGraw's Emotional Traffic Tour, Hamilton show (which was one of the only two stops he made in Canada for this tour -the other being London, ON, the night before, attended by scribbles pals Janet and Keith Miller.

scribbles REVIEW OF TIM MCGRAW CONCERT -CLICK HERE

Showing Off His Swimming Skills

I may not know how to swim but my dog Timmi does and since we had a captive audience, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to show them. Admittedly, had it been left up to Timmi, he would have been just as content rolling around the yard, munching on clovers and watching for tidbits of food to be passed his way. But I wanted the gang to see him do his thing - be it ever so briefly- as he dog-paddled his way to the side of the pool before feverishly shaking off once he was back on the deck.  Good boy Timmi, you earned a treat.


Here is a snippet of a clip featuring Timmi swimming in
Papineau Lake, ON. He is being held by Tyson Lee,
I'm behind the camera, capturing the magical moment.