Mar 3, 2012

Gone with the Wind!

If you're in the Niagara Region you're very much aware of the extremely high winds we are experiencing today. With gusts of over 100 km at times, it's downright dangerous out there.

Judging by your facebook posts, many of you agree. Heather Denis couldn't sleep because the winds kept her awake. Bobbi Jo's Kalen's dog didn't want to go out to do his business (likewise here with my little Timmi- who just about set sail) Chris Haynes thanked Mother Nature for removing the leaves from his yard, that he didn't have a chance to rake up.Falynn Shaw was afraid to go outside, Mike Vedder was in the dark, thanks to a power outage and Neil Blythin sent a shout out looking for a downed hardwood tree stump to use as an  anvil.


But by far the scariest experience thusfar goes to our pal Brett Woods. Here's what he posted on his facebook page:


"R u kidding me with this wind. I go to walk out side and get taken out by a large fly by metal garbage can....seriously! Mother ****** came at me fast threw me on my ass...tea and hat gone! Loving the fact that I'm now spending my night mending my wounds and seriously thinking about getting back at that garbage can! People beware of large fly by metal garbage cans!!!"

Sounds scary Brett -although your colourful description made me laugh. I've heard of taken out the trash, but this is the first time I've heard of being taken out BY the trash!  Hope you find your hat and weren't hurt too badly. [And YES, I still have something in the works to share with you on Scribbles in the next few weeks]

After seeing our article above Brett Woods wrote: "Lmfao.....this made my day and pretty close to what happened :) thx for making my day and putting a huge smile on my face xox...It was kind of funny and shocking when it happened.....lol took me by surprise"