Nov 1, 2013

You

Megan - AGE 3
Who's That Girl? 

For our 34th Anniversary contest, we offered a special collection of classic Scribbles Magazines which were won by Cathy Neil, Karin Campbell-Gadd and Becky Lee.

While I was putting together our winners prize packages, I discovered I had an extra copy of the Scribbles Magazine we see here. It dates way back to Dec. 1992 and that cute little girl posing so sweetly on the cover is none other than our Ottawa pal Megan Fox.

Megan - who is now in her mid 20's- had just turned 3 years old and so had our multi-copy Scribbles Magazines, so putting her cute pix on our cover was a no-brainer.

Megan NOW
We surprised Megan a few weeks ago, by mailing her the extra copy of that edition. A delighted Megan posted a pix of the magazine on her facebook page along with this message, "What a wonderful surprise waiting for me in the mail!! An original copy of Scribbles Magazine when I graced the cover for my 3rd Birthday. Thank you soo much, Ken!!! What an awesome keepsake, I love it! XOXOX"

The post drew a lot of attention from some of Megan's facebook friends, who had never heard of Scribbles Magazine. They were even more impressed when I revealed that I had hand-coloured each copy of that edition (all 35 of them.)

This was nothing unique. Throughout its hard copy magazine years, I made sure that if I decided to add a splash of colour to Scribbles, each and every copy received the same treatment.

Our 15th anniversary edition in Sept. 1994 consisted of 40 pages and had a "whopping" circulation of 60 copies. Not only did each and every copy include hand-coloured pages, they also featured gem stickers on the cover and within. To date, that edition remains the most time-consuming (and costly) Scribbles Magazine I ever put together. And you know what? I'd gladly do it all again!