Jun 5, 2019

PETS | Joe is Dandy...We're Not Lyin'




I'm not quite sure what exactly prompted me to write the Dandelion Song when I was in my late teens. No doubt I wanted to express my love for dandelions and perhaps I had a little encouragement from another type of weed...now THAT makes total sense. LOL!

In 2016, I found an app that turns your words into freaky songs. I used this app and made the monotone sound of the Dandelion Song into an extremely robotic, funky tune. Now it was time to turn this sucker into a music video. 

My friend Doug has a site at a campground in Vineland and upon driving in more remote areas of the camp, he came across a huge hill covered in countless dandelions. This would turn into one of the places we'd use in the video. Doug also helped by playing camera operator who shot the footage of me on dandelion hill. 

Another segment features me indoors, the white wall behind me has numerous dandelion heads taped on it. In both segments I have a bouquet of dandelions, a favourite of mine (when my sister Jane was born in 1970, I put on my Sunday best and had a bouquet of dandelions to give my mom when she returned home with the baby. 

Forty years after it was first written, here's the encore video of The Dandelion Song Remix...



The time is always right to do what is right.

 – Martin Luther King Jr.