Jun 23, 2019

ENCORE | A Different Kind of 'Senior Moment'

Scribbles pal Hazel Mackiddie invited me to join her at the Mandarin Restaurant for lunch on Oct. 1st. The popular Chinese food chain is celebrating the Moon this month and Thursday they offered 50% off for all seniors.

Although Hazel had made a reservation, which helped a bit, the place was very busy and the parking lot was packed.  Hazel is 74 years old (and YES I asked her in advance if I could include that info here...LOL) She has officially been a senior for 9 years but still had to show her senior's card to the hostess.

We pigged out on appetizers, entrees & desserts and the food and service were top notch as expected. We made sure to go back for seconds on our favourite dishes. You can't say they don't have much to offer at the Mandarin, that's for darn sure!
  
When we finished, Hazel took the bill. We were charged for TWO senior half price specials.  I was happy we received a lower bill, especially since it was Hazel's treat, but not overly amused that the day before my 55th birthday, I received a senior's discount.  Hell, I had even freshly coloured my hair and goatee hours before we went there. 

But half off anything is always a good deal, even if it bruises your ego a bit. LOL!

This post first appeared on Scribbles Oct 2015. Gotta admit, still wouldn't be overly thrilled if this were to happen today. But then there's moments like last week at Pride in the Park when I was asked for ID at the bar area that make up for it (although they were asking pretty much everyone that day, I still took it as a compliment. LOL)