Apr 2, 2011


Surfs Up

One of eight penguin chicks makes its way to the ocean after being released by Taronga Zoo staff at Long Reef, Sydney April 13, 2011. Taronga Zoo on Wednesday released eight penguin chicks after their rehabilitation from severe injuries. REUTERS/Daniel Munoz


"Gee it sure is windy today"

"I am so frickin' relaxed'



LeeAnne Gets Swept Away in Cuba

Our friend LeeAnne Chamberlain enjoyed plenty of sunshine and good times during her recent trip to Cuba. She went with her friend and co-worker Carolann and as we see in the collection above, certainly seemed to have fun.

I'm not sure what the story is with the two dogs, I do know LeeAnne is an avid animal lover and I'll bet these adorable dogs were all over that one.

Thanks for letting me share your pix on scribbles, LeeAnne.





NEW MINI VIDEO CLIP

Invasion of the
Killer Tulips





D'oh! I'm jealous...
...Sandra meets Homer

During three enjoyable weeks in Florida with her boyfriend Dan and son Michael, our pal Sandra Burger-Vedder visits Universal Studio where she met my pal Homer Simpson.

Sandra also brought back t-shirts and beer for Rob and I (Homer would be so proud). Gee thanks Sandra that was so thoughtful of you, maybe you can help us drink the beer sometime, J.R. and Timmi would love to see you again (and so would I) 



Just Around the Corner
While we're still anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring, here's a photo to get you in the mood. Soon enough scenes like this will be everywhere and people will be complaining because they hate dandelions.

Personally, I love them, they are a sure sign that Spring is really here. In fact many years ago I even wrote a little song about those pesky weeds.


 The Dandelion Song
by Ken Leavoy
(circa 1980)

Some people that I meet
Think dandelions are neat,
They think that they are lots of fun,
Just watch them grow in the Summer sun

Some people that I know
Hate dandelions so,
They think that they are very bad
And that they make them very sad

I'm asking you one and all,
Be you big or be you small,
I think that they are very fine...
Oh, what do ya think of a dandelion?



I'm Such a Happy Girl

Little Alina Dennis is all smiles in this recent photo taken by her proud parents Heather and Rodney. Alina was born in January and as we see, growing up quickly. Gee maybe it's time to think about a little brother or sister for her to hang with.  LOL


Flower Power!

A sure sign that Spring will soon be here, is Niagara College's Annual Horticultural Open House. This year's event was held Apr. 2-3 and is now part of Niagara College's Spring Showcase. My brother-in-law Don is a teacher at the horticulture school and I have been there each year and each time with someone else.

This year it was my 5 year old nephew Graham. His mommy Jane had asked if I could babysit him and I thought it would be cool to take him to the Open House. As it turned out, my sister Kim, her kids Erin and Patrick, my mom and her friend Bob were also there.

Graham was very excited to see all the plants and flowers and colourful balloons. I was excited to once again see my friend Ginger Blythin at the event. She was with baby Kiera, who was not very happy, but no less adorable.

Graham bought a plant for his mommy and afterwards we stopped at a car wash to give my car a bath. Graham enjoyed the view from inside as the water sprayed on the windows. Then it was off to McDonalds for take-out to eat at Uncle Ken's. Thanks for a fun day Graham, Uncle Ken needed a nap afterwards...LOL


Handy Hints

To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.

When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking tin, use a bit of dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.
rap celery in aluminium foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.

Cure for headaches: take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away

Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.




All Grown Up

Our friend Tyson Lee recently returned to St Catharines for March break... much to the delight of his mommy Becky.

Timmi and I popped by for a visit the day before Tyson was flying back to BC, where he is studying Professional Recording Arts at the Art Institute of Vancouver.

Things are going fantastic for young Mr. Lee. He's now moved to a new place, shared with other students in the same courses and was the only one to receive 100% on his final exam in Pro Tools (video creating)

That's so great to hear and share with everyone Tyson!!


 EXCLUSIVE

Don't Stop Believing
featuring Joan Storie on piano

NEW MINI VIDEO CLIP



What the Blazes??!!


Sat. night around 9:15, history repeated itself YET AGAIN, when the fire alarms sounded at my apartment building on Roehampton Ave. [better known as fire lane]. As you'll recall, there was a very serious fire here on Jan. 11th and they have still not repaired the unit that was destroyed in the blaze. There is a large garbage dumpster outside the front of the building. It's been located there since the fire. Sat. night it "caught on fire" and that was why the alarms had sounded.

The sound of that alarm once again sent shivers down my spine when it blasted. There have been two large fires in this building over the years and when you hear it go off, you take it a lot more serious.




Animal Magnetism

While Timmi and I were visiting at Becky Lee's, I snapped this pix of her son Tyson with her Frenchie, Preston.

When I checked scribbles photo archives later, I couldn't help but notice a theme when it comes to Tyson and animals. Dogs, cats, lammas and even chipmunks have shown love for Tyson over the years, as seen in the photos below.

Most of Tyson's furry friends show their love with kisses and Preston loves Tyson so much he farts in his presense. Now that's unconditional love! 
 


"Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific"

Here's me and Murphy reunited for one last visit before his "family" returns from Florida.
As you know Rob was housesitting for his cousin, Murphy lives there and for the past 3 weeks so has Rob.

Things are now set to return to normal. Murphy has been reunited with his mommy and two daddies and Rob is returning home to St Catharines.

Welcome Back Everybody.





Far-Out Birds
by Sandra Burger-Vedder
 while vacationing in Florida 



Our pal Shannon Convery, her mom Patty and Aunt Becky were amongst many who take part in local Zumba classes. The group were recently featured in local newspaper The Standard.

Becky also showed me her Wii Zumba program and I gotta say I think this Zumba stuff might be the perfect way to shed some of my Winter weight!