Apr 2, 2011


...With a Little Help from My Friends

Our Ottawa Valley pal Dylan (centre) gets a little help from his cousins as he blows out the candles on his birthday cake. Dylan's mom Erin Dick and many of his relatives joined our little pal to celebrate his 4th birthday recently.


Ode to Our Readers

Be it a handmade magazine or the website you're reading now, scribbles has been around for 32 years now. Along the way we've acquired many very unique readers. Today scribbles.co is available for the world to view, but our email teasers are sent to a more exclusive group (you know who you are). There's about 200 of you and somehow you know me, and your adventures are the stuff that scribbles is made of.

What keeps me returning to scribbles (my favourite obssession) has always been your reaction to it.

Take this recent message scribbles received from our friend Rhonda King. We emailed Rhonda a few days ago, to let her know that her cat was featured on our home page. Here was Rhonda's reply:

"I saw [my cat's photo] this morning when I was was doing my usual scribbles read and I had to take a double look. lol. Thank you for putting him in..and keep up the amazing work...I love reading Scribbles!!"


[Ken's reply: Rhonda it made me smile to hear you say you were doing your "usual scribbles read" and that you love us. Scribbles loves you too!]


Then there was this recent comment from Rob's cousin Sandra Burger Vedder:

"What an awesome job you did on scribbles, I checked it out ...Ken you're the best I enjoyed reading it good job! Must take a lot of time"

[Ken's reply: Actually you're right Sandra, sometimes scribbles takes a lot of time to put together, especially if there's been lots of great stuff to share with everyone. But it's just so much FUN for me, it truly is a "labour" of love.]
Just a couple of the messages we've recently received from our readers, telling of how much they're enjoying scribbles. Your thoughtfulness really makes my day, inspiring me to create even more and keep this kindness circle going.


Sun Peaks Out
by Angela Whiteley
Digby -Nova Scotia

Our BIG SHOTS feature returns, following a technical glitch that bumped it from our home page for a few days. I selected this one by our friend Angela Whiteley today because it is so serine. Great shot Angela

You'll find more BIG SHOTS -scroll to bottom of home page and click on OLDER POSTS.





Kitty Enjoys Deep Meditation

This classic pix of Kracklen Jack was taken some time ago by our pal Rhonda King and it's so darn cute, we just had to feature it again today.





 Connie Bering and I Will Spend the Night with
Tim McGraw

It's a fact! Just Tim McGraw, Connie, me ...and thousands of other adoring fans, as the Country Superstar performs in concert in Hamilton on June 27th. 

It's no secret, I'm a major McGraw fan (when I performed at local LGBT shows, my stage name was "mcgraw") I've got all his CD's and I saw him in concert once before with his wife Faith Hill (the woman who stole my man.)

Connie and I plan to enjoy a meal before Tim takes to the stage and publically announces he is leaving Faith to be with me. "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it..."  LMAO


MESSAGE FROM JANE STORIE AFTER READING THIS ARTICLE:

"LMAO…Tim McGraw leaving Faith Hill to be with you instead…"


The Mighty Gonish

Here's another scribbles classic pet pix, so good we had to feature it again. As you'll recall, Gonish lives in Port Colborne with his daddies Dave and Chris and he's quite a bit larger than these days than what we see here.

I think what I like best is that it reminds me of Spring every time I see it. A pleasant reminder that soon, yes soon, REAL Spring will begin and Gonish and all of us can go outdoors again. 




Superstar Joan Rivers uses our pal Angela Whiteley as her plastic surgery model?

That would be fiction - Angela is merely doing her impression of Rivers, begging her to stop already!


 
Graham and Grandma Steal the Show at
Kim's 47th Birthday

It was a day of dining and dancing and lots of laughs, as family gathered for my sister Kim's recent birthday.


 VIDEO CLIP from Kim's Birthday



No comments: