Jun 3, 2014

ME | There's No Place Like Home??

SCREENSHOT FROM GOOGLE MAP STREET VIEW SHOWS MY NEW PLACE ON THE RIGHT AND SIGNS ON GRUMPY NEIGHBOUR'S HOME OVERSTATING HIS 'NO PARKING' POLICY

Oh what fresh new Hell have I gotten myself into now? 

While I absolutely LOVE the layout of this little upper unit apartment, which screams potential, when it comes to decorating it (something I love to do), I'm not feeling very welcomed by the neighbours.

First up was the oddball next door who once owned this building and refuses to let anyone use the driveway. When I met him on moving day, he was making an "exception" for the U-Haul to pull in and be unloaded, but made sure to point out to me that under no circumstances is anyone ever allowed to use the driveway. 

"If you order a pizza, the driver is not allowed to park in the driveway" he commented. 

When the Bell tech guy had to come here on Mon. I made sure to advise him not to pull in to the driveway because the guy next door is an asshole.

Yesterday I met the lady who lives below me. She was "ok", but when we were discussing pets (she has two cats) and I mentioned I have a cat, she was quick to say "Yes, I know, I can hear him when he pounces on to the floor". Maybe she didn't mean anything by it, but I was not impressed. I'm sure she's going to love it when Timmi joins us. He has been at my mom's since Fri. and I bringing him to our "new home" tonight.

So let's recap shall we....At the place I just moved from, the lady on the main floor (Maria) came down on my first day there welcoming me with a plate of homemade cupcakes and was very cordial. The building on the other hand was unbearably loud and drove me crazy, to the point my doctor wrote a letter saying I should move.

Now I find a place that is super cozy but the neighbours have thus far not exactly been very hospitable.

Is it really asking too much to have a place that is nice and those around me are civil? Apparently the answer to that question is "Yes"