Jun 9, 2014

ME | A New Place to Escape


When I lived in Welland, one of my favourite things to do in the Spring and Summer months was to take Timmi to Memorial Park, which was located only a short drive from my apartment.

Now that we're in St. Catharines, we needed to find somewhere a bit closer.  A few days ago I discovered not one but two parks side by side. The big park has a fenced in leash-free dog area, but since Timmi hates other dogs (of all shapes and sizes), we stay away from there.

The smaller park is called St. Patrick Park, which is ironic because I now live on St. Patrick Street (although the park is not actually on this street.)  This little park has a baseball diamond, a walking trail and plenty of trees which provide plenty of much appreciated shade.

The park is especially nice to go to since the guy who lives next door and the lady who lives below me usually hang out in the back yard at my new place and haven't exactly made me feel welcome to join them. So Timmi and I bypass the back yard and head to peaceful St. Patrick Park instead.

No comments: