Mar 2, 2015

| ME | On Top of Snow Mountain

THANK YOU to the team it required to get my car "unstuck". The car was actually resting ON a pile of snow and despite the efforts of many neighbours, it wasn't budging.

Then...faster than a speeding bullet.... my pal Doug came by to save the day. He attached a thick rope/belt thing to the back of my car, told me to put it in reverse, as he and the horse power of his vehicle then pulled me off of snow mountain. What a relief! Doug truly is my guardian angel.

Once my car was out of the way, my neighbour took his snow blower out and cleared that area off. There's ample parking now.

Doug's wife Heather had given him some of her delicious home cooking to bring to me and that came in handy because with all the activity around getting Betsy out of the snow, I hadn't eaten, so I was hungry.

THANK YOU to my neighbours... Together, a total of SEVEN neighbours tried to help at some point...unfortunately they were never all there at the same time, which would have given us more "muscle power".

THANKS to Doug for the tow and Heather for the full tummy. And thanks to Heather Dennis & Kerri Thomson-Fortier for seeing if they too could get someone to help me out.

I am feeling very grateful for the kindness of both friends and virtual strangers (like a neighbour who I had never met, prior to him coming over to give me a hand on Saturday.) Very grateful indeed.

No comments: