Mar 22, 2015

PETS | What Do You Mean "I Have a Type?"

CLICK PIX TO GET A LARGER VIEW OF THESE PUDDY-TATS
Someone pointed out that they felt my dearly departed cats JJ, J.R. and Emerson all looked very similar. They said I definitely have "a type" of cat that I am drawn to.

Really?  I'm not seeing it?   LOL


JJ, J.R. and Emerson were my "boys". Emerson is my middle name and my grandpa's, so that's where that tree-hugger kitty got his name.

J.R. started out as being a junior version of Emerson, who had passed away a month earlier.  Junior got abbreviated to Jr. Which reminded me of J.R. from TV's Dallas, so he became John-Ross Ewing-Leavoy (J.R. for short).

JJ's story I remember like it was yesterday and that's because although it obviously wasn't, I adopted JJ Sept, 2013, so it's still vivid.  The Welland Humane Society -who had set up a shop in the mall with a $50 special which included neutering & shots, had temporarily given the name Jack. When I got home I thought of "Just Jack" from Will & Grace and then abbreviated it to JJ.  It was also part homage to J.R., since they both started with a J. (some the nicest moments in life start with a J...LOL)

No comments: