Sep 16, 2026

I Know. I Kinda Cheated


To create cool logos and headlines for Scribbles, I use a combination of apps, one being Microsoft Publisher. I have heavily relied on it literally for decades. I even paid hundreds of dollars extra over the years for Microsoft software that included it.
 
This spring when I launched Publisher, a notice popped up. Effective October, Publisher is gone. Not only will it no longer be supported by Microsoft, you will not be able to open any documents you have saved in Publisher format. They suggested converting files to PDF's, which I have done.    

Periodically over the past few months, I have been searching for alternate apps to create logos and such, with not much luck. Oh, there's apps out there, if you want to fork out big bucks, either that or they're pretty complicated to use. 

Since October is quickly approaching, I searched again today. Of course all sorts of AI options took top billing, so I opened one of them and where you would tell them what you want AI to create I wrote exactly what I wanted and added "WITHOUT USING AI".
 
Ironically, it gave me suggestions, including something called Photopea. It's a free app (paid version is also available) but for my basic needs it does the trick and I'm thrilled.
 
So basically I accessed AI to tell me how to do something without having AI create it for me. It gave very clear step by step instructions on how to use Photopea, and it was a real help. But somehow I feel dirty. LOL. 

I really do not like AI, but today it steered me in the right direction without me relying on it to actually create what I wanted.
  
Dirty. Dirty.


WAIT! You might be missing out on more Scribbles fun...
 IF YOU GOT HERE FROM A FACEBOOK LINK, CLICK ON  HOME  BELOW TO SEE ALL SCRIBBLES POSTS