Sep 18, 2026

scribbles VIDEO | Scribbles 47th Anniversary Contest RESULTS

Okay, let me just get to the point...this contest was hexed. 

For the occasion of Scribbles turning 47 on Labour Day, I wanted something special as a prize, something we didn't have before. That's when I got the idea of a coffee mug. I would order two, one for the prize package and one for me. 

The mugs I ordered were allegedly 11 oz, but seemed much smaller when they arrived. When I pressed 8 oz on my Keurig the mug was filled almost to the top. I prefer a larger mug and wanted a bigger one for our prize so I ordered two more this time in the 16 oz size.

Originally the way to play this contest was to watch Scribbles Anniversary Video, then answer questions to have your name entered in our draw 1 to 5 times.

Response was minimal. Only 4 friends answered our questions. 

That's when I decided to offer an easier way to enter. Tell us what you like about Scribbles and you're entered in the draw. Simple. If you chose to, you could also still answer the questions on the video to increase the number of times your name would be entered. But that was up to you. 

6 more friends entered by sharing what they liked about Scribbles, Mr. Sock and/or me! 

When I posted that the contest was closing soon, two Scribbles friends responded a bit late and as a result their names did not get entered in the draw. 

Also, this contest launched on Labour Day weekend, so that probably wasn't a good idea either, as many friends may have been on holidays or enjoying the last long weekend of summer away from their devices.  

Then there's the actual draw featured on the video below. Mr. Sock is on a tilt during the spinning of the wheel and the camera angle sucked. It isn't my finest work but it gets the job done. Had it not been a contest draw, I would have redone it, but ya can't reshoot when the winner has already been determined. 

Wow...so many boo boo's. Was it a jinxed contest? Perhaps. It's only a few minutes long, so you be the judge. But be gentle. We all know I'm somewhat fragile. 




WAIT! You might be missing out on more Scribbles fun...
 IF YOU GOT HERE FROM A FACEBOOK LINK, CLICK ON  HOME  BELOW TO SEE ALL SCRIBBLES POSTS