Mar 27, 2014

Where We'll Be


Ken is moving back to St Catharines and oddly enough, so is Scribbles. Our official moving notice above was redesigned from an old Yard Sale flyer, created in the early 90's when I lived on Capner Street. The original drawing included the address of and directions to the sale we had to get rid of some of our unwanted items.

There's no Yard Sale this time around, as I've streamlined my belongings to the bare necessities. In fact, I may very well go in search of a Yard Sale once I move, to find some blinds for the many windows I will now have and some mats or area rugs for the floors.

Below we see a collection of past moving notices. Ginny and I sure had a lot of pets, by the looks of the drawing and the apartment building Glenn and I moved in to was tall, but not the towering skyscraper seen here.

After all the years of living in apartment buildings and being in 3rd and 8th floor units, living in a lower level place is going to take some getting used to.  At least I will no longer be lugging bags of groceries and other items up three double flights of stairs. My back is already thanking me for that one.