Apr 28, 2016

SCRIBBLES 37th ANNIVERSARY VIDEO |

It's hard to believe, but 2016 marks Scribbles 37th anniversary. Yep 37 years, longer than many of our readers have been alive...that long man!

Labour Day of each year marks the official "anniversary" of when I created the first hand-drawn digest size magazine which eventually became a photocopied magazine, then an email newsletter and now a website offering the most info and archives than ever before.

Here's a salute to our 37th anniversary in a video Ken tells us took hours to get "just right".


WOW! YOU LOVE THIS VIDEO ALMOST AS MUCH AS I DO....LOL!  THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMPLIMENTS.  YES, I DID HAVE FUN DOING IT & YES (TIMES INFINITY) IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO PUT TOGETHER.



More Than Meets the Eye

 THE MAKING OF THIS VIDEO...

OK, my videos aren't exactly big buck, high tech affairs, But in the video for our 37th anniversary, I wanted to step it up a bit. As luck would have it, I have a laptop and a back-up laptop, used for Scribbles archives. Last year I received an ipad as a gift, I have an iphone 6 (on a contract) and my old iphone with wifi service.

In the scene where I am dancing and singing around the kitchen, all 5 devices are in use. Laptop number 1 was on top of the fridge, tilted downward. Laptop two was on a bar stool. My ipad was in the kitchen window and my iphone was on the kitchen table in a plant.   Each of them were set to record as I used the old iphone to play the song and lip sync my way through it (not to mention do many retakes.)

True Freddie Mercury fans will get the significance of the black sleeveless t-shirt and wrist band I am wearing while standing in front of the large wall clock for the lyrics "You can't turn back the clock..." It's my little hommage to Radio Gaga.

There were a lot of additional steps and new lessons learned when putting 'Scribbles 37th Anniversary' video together and we hope you re-watch it as much as we do (ok, THAT'S expecting a bit much...LOL]