Jun 23, 2018

EDITORIAL |

Hi Everyone!

I have grown to believe that in this game called life, there's no such thing as a coincidence. Things  happen for a reason and do so because that is precisely when and how they were supposed to occur. Regardless of who or what you put your beliefs in, it is that divine power and not us, that determines what goes on.

A few years ago, around the time things were really getting nasty in the States with their 2016 presidential campaign, I made a secret vow that Scribbles would be a safe haven away from the gloom and doom we find in the media and online.

I'll admit, it wasn't all that difficult to make Scribbles an "unofficial happy place". After all, it's not as though we have ever featured a lot of heavy topics or political views. There's plenty of other places one can find those types of things. For the most part, the only thing on Scribbles that might make you sad would be our memorials ....and they come from a place of deep respect and are intended as a tribute to our loved ones.

BYLNNDA & SCOTT AT BYLYNNDA'S WEDDING
A few days ago, after watching a shocking report on the separation of illegal immigrant families entering the US, I found myself prepared to break my "policy" and comment about it on Scribbles. It was just such a horrific thing to see, how could I keep silent?

Earlier that same day my friend Gloria Putman posted a video on Facebook. It was the song "Changes" sung by Ozzy Osbourne and his daughter Kelly. Gloria had put it on her page because it is her husband Scott and daughter Bylynnda's favourite song.

Gloria also posted a photo of Scott & Bylynnda dancing to that song during Bylynnda's wedding last April, along with the comment "Can we go back and do it all over again?"

As I had created a Scribbles Video of Bylynnda & Phil's wedding, I thought this would be a great time to repost it. Along with the video,  I wrote " Can't relive it again, but CAN share this video again."

Gloria must have really appreciated this. After rewatching the video, she responded with "Omgosh Ken !!!!!!You never stop surprising me. Thank-you sooooo much!!!!! Totally unexpected !!!! Absolutely beautiful....Please, please ..... don’t ever stop doing the kind gestures....Your kindness and good heartedness ....With the sadness and anger that we see in this world .... You Ken ... make a difference in each and everyone of our lives !!!!! Love you."

To say I was touched by Gloria's extremely kind words is an understatement. I felt like Sally Fields during her infamous Oscar acceptance speech ("You like me, you really like me.")

And perhaps more importantly, Gloria's reference to the sadness and anger in the world snapped me back to reality....Scribbles reality, that is.

In an era when it's easy to get caught up in all the ugliness, it's more important than ever to have things like Scribbles to counter balance that with. Gloria's words reminded me of that and to her I send a great big loving "Thank you".

Coincidence? Not from where I'm sitting.

Enjoy all the new posts and videos gang. Hope they make you smile.

With Love,
Ken


SCRIBBLES ENCORE
In case you missed it, or would like to watch it again, here's Scribbles VIDEO of Bylynnda & Phil's Wedding in April 2017...