Oct 21, 2010


WARNING! CREEPY PHOTOS FEATURED NEXT


 Rats, Bats & Creepy Things Like That

Readers Reveal Things That They are Afraid of for scribbles Scary Stuff contest

For scribbles Scary Stuff contest, we asked you to tell us things that you are afraid of. There was no shortage of answers, as many of you showed that one thing you certainly aren’t afraid of is entering scribbles contests…LOL!

Some of your responses were no surprise. Many readers told us they are afraid of rats, bats, snakes, bees, centipedes, Dracula and “creepie crawlies” (I’ve got to agree with you on that one –I hate “creepie crawlies” too.)

One reader told us, “I am afraid of creepy crawlies. As a child if I came across such a critter I would scream at the top of my lungs for my parents to come “save me” from it…which would result in them killing and flushing the bug.
As I got older, from time to time my parents weren’t around when one of these creepy guys came out from hiding, so I would grab my sisters Doc Martin sandals (which were extremely heavy) and drop it on the bug. Later when my mom came home she knew that a mysterious sandal sitting in the middle of a room most likely meant there was some sort bug underneath it for her to clean up.”
Another friend revealed,I am terrified of snakes, Been known to jump up on a picnic table at my trailer when I once saw 5 of them… looked like the Mom who was about 5 feet long and with her babies about 2 feet long, run by me at the side of the road. I screamed me head off with fear... I have no idea what type they were just that they mortified me.”
Not everyone who responded picked critters and snakes. Some other things our readers said they were afraid of included the following.
“I’m scared of small enclosed spaces – very claustrophobic!!!!!”
“I am afraid of driving on the QEW, 401 etc”

"I am afraid of those awful creaking sounds when the house is settling at night. That has always freaked me out because you don’t know if it's a spooky ghost or just the cat walking across the floor.”
“Movies where you can hear children giggling and it's like dark and secluded...think Blair Witch Project....creepy!!”
“Well, I am afraid of elevators (claustrophobic), being alone in the dark, and coming face to face with a fox on a trail.”
“Something I’m scare of is being ill prepared to meet life’s challenges.”
“Anything happening to my family and friends. I always have cared deeply for everyone I know and want whatever is the best for them. So it scares me to think that I can't always protect them or make them smile.”
Throughout all the great spooky replies, there was one answer that received the most votes.  SPIDERS are the number one thing most of our entrants said scare the poop out of them. Depending upon the type of spider, I guess I would have to agree with that one too.


Our Contest Winner Is:
Rob Dennis
Congratulations Rob, you will receive our Scary Stuff prize package which includes the DVS's: Fright Night, Planet of the Apes, Alfred Hitchcock & Deliverance. You will also receive microwavable popcorn and a creepy purple skeleton, all perfect for a scary night at home. Enjoy!

Thank you to everyone who entered this contest: Jackie Hughes, Jenn Hughes, Gary Cremer, Pam Hopkins, Joan Storie, Tammie Holditch, Laura Degraaf, Christine Manjeh, Jane Storie, Diane Murray, Merry Proulx, Rob Dennis, Patti Nault, Mikol Zarhorchak, Julia Eckert and David Nelson. As always, we put all your names in our draw container and one was randomly selected as the winner.

And just in case you think this one was rigged because Rob won, I assure you it wasn't (what's the fun in cheating?) All the names were folded up and placed in a big cup. Then shuffled around and one was picked at random...and it was Rob's. He even asked "Gee should we pick again?" Absolutely not! Anyone of the names in the cup could have been drawn and if we're going to start eliminating names of people who have won before or are my friends or family, well guess what? No one would ever win!  Scribbles prides itself in being fair to everyone.