Oct 2, 2010



OH-OH! It's the BIG 5-0!!

There's no escaping reality. It's my 50th birthday and the girls at work weren't about to let this milestone pass by without a little fanfare. I'd seen them in action before, when my colleague Diane Murray celebrated her 50th in August. Every item on her desk had been gift wrapped -EVERYTHING! Her desk, chair, computer, mouse -Hell, even the mouse cord! What would I have in store for me when I opened the office door today? I put on my brave face and entered the building.

[remember you can now click on pix for larger versions]


Anticipating they would be staying after work the night before to do their magic, I had left a note for them: "BE GENTLE: I'm old, frail and heavily-medicated." As you see here, the birthday gremlins had been hard at work. My desk and work area was wrapped in toilet paper, streamers and colourful balloons. As my nickname at work is "Princess", they went with that theme, presenting me with a Princess sash, a hat, a wand and Princess stickers.

In addition to a birthday card signed by the entire staff of Talk Wireless, the girls also had a special card from them to me. On the front of the card was a close-up of a woman's eyes with text resembling that of a horror movie. "It's Coming!, It's Huge! You Can't Run and You Can't Hide!" When you open the card you hear a shrieking scream and the words "The Big 5-0!" LMAO. Good one ladies.

After several photos and hugs we returned to work. Thankfully the girls had indeed "been gentle" to me. The toilet paper decor was a breeze to remove and within a few minutes my work station was back to normal.



I want to sincerely thank Pam Wanamaker, Diane Murray, Christine Manjeh, Connie Bering and Katie Lacey for the wonderful "surprise". Each of you mean so much to me and I am so happy to work with you. A Princess couldn't ask for a better group of friends.



Can’t tell you who else has a birthday today
 He asked me not to say.
  Really,
    I promised him it would remain a
     Secret, on this special day.

So I won’t be able to tell you
  Not allowed to say anymore
    Only he and I will ever know, cuz that’s
      What friends are for.

WHEW, I’m glad I can keep secrets~ LOL!


No comments: