Oct 14, 2013

Me


 Animal Appeal

Thanksgiving weekend, I went to see my friend's Doug & Heather for a few hours at their campsite. They were having a farewell get together with their fellow "seasonal" campers, who spend most of -and in some cases, all of - Spring & Summer at the campground (until this weekend, Thanksgiving, after which the campground closes till next May.)

This dog's name is Mitch and he is very timid, having been badly abused by his previous owners. He came right to me and let me pet him for a long time, which was a shocker to his owners and others at the gathering.

One guy said it has taken 2 years to get Mitch to even come over to him, which explained why everyone was surprised that Mitch was so calm and relaxed with me.

Later that night, back at home, I watched a silly horror movie called "Curse of the Cobra" about a woman who turned in to a killer cobra.

That night I dreamed about a burly bouncer that I had noticed this Summer at Pride in the Park. In the dream he was very smitten with me (obviously a dream, as he is straight) and he had a secret, he could turn into a dog, which just happened to look just like our buddy Mitch here. Woof, woof!

Who says our dreams aren't influenced by real life situations?