Oct 10, 2013

Me


A Sweet Surprise

I was delightfully surprised to receive a parcel the other day...shipped all the way from New Jersey! It was a birthday present from my dear friend Joanne Kildow and when I say it was sweet, I mean it quite literally!

Jojo shipped a cute cat birthday card and a box of Hostess Twinkies, the popular treat that recently made a comeback in the U.S. and (to my knowledge) have yet to return to Canada, making them a precious commodity.

The Twinkies box includes the text "The Sweetest Comeback in the History of Ever", which Joanne says applies to me as well.  That's quite the challenge, but if tasty little cream filled sponge cakes can do it, then so can I!

Thank you so much for the imported Twinkies "SS" (a nickname that Joanne and I call each other and the meaning of which will remain our little secret.) You truly made my day and you are sweeter than the gift you surprised me with.  I love you.


No comments: