Oct 23, 2013

Me

Let the Buyer Beware!

I specifically went to Food Basics, after seeing sale items in their weekly flyer. The main items I was there for (Timmi's dog food) was not available. No, not 'sold out'....not available, period.

I had brought flyers from No Frills and Freshco with me and put several of their sale items in my shopping cart to be price matched at the checkout. But when I got to the checkout, there was a TINY HAND-WRITTEN notice the size of a playing card indicating "We do not price match". 


SERIOUSLY??? This is how you tell your customers your store has chosen not to be competitive like all the other major chains? Why not post a note at the entrance, instead of hiding the fact and wasting customers time?

I ended up rummaging through my cart removing items I knew were on sale elsewhere. It was upsetting and embarrassing. I almost felt like just walking out and not even purchase the other items, but I didn't do that because I felt sorry for the little elderly lady who was working at the checkout.

To add insult to injury, I ended up going to No Frills to complete my shopping, where I then discovered the Folgers coffee I had purchased "on sale" for $7.99 at Food Basics was $6.88 at their store. WTF!

As you have probably assumed, Food Basics was sent a letter via their website and I will never EVER step foot in their stores again.