Oct 26, 2013

Editorial


One Big Happy Family!

After several weeks of leaving you pondering the future of Scribbles and if indeed it was even going to have one, I am happy to announce that we are still with you and perhaps even stronger than ever.

When I announced Scribbles was going "bye bye", you responded in droves, asking that I give the idea more thought, reminding me just how much you enjoy our very unique bond.

Even I questioned my decision, after remembering the fun I have coming up with new ideas and having Scribbles to express myself in words, videos and photos. Surely there had to be a better decision than saying goodbye to all that.

My main reason for considering Scribbles demise stemmed from my physical limitations that sometimes make it difficult for me to sit for extended periods of time working on our site. I also had the notion that because we are on the world wide web and so many others constantly add new content, Scribbles should also keep pace with those popular sites.

What I failed to acknowledge is that these sites whose rapid fire changes I so admired, are manned by a staff of many, not a lone webmaster with a bad back. In fact, the only person who found fault with what we added and when it made it online, was me!

If I am up to it and able to add new posts to Scribbles, I will, and if I'm not feeling all that great, I won't. It really isn't rocket science.

I also wanted to redefine and redesign what Scribbles is all about. I truly do feel like we are like a family. I can still say with relative certainty, that one way or another I know each and every person who reads Scribbles.  In fact, this is something I hope to elaborate on in the not-so-distant future.

Scribbles is not a news site, a celebrity gossip site or a place to shop. We utilize facebook and You Tube, but we're not those sites either. Scribbles is a very special place where you are the stars and I'm the facilitator. With that in mind I have "tweaked" our post headings to better reflect what you come here to see.

Our sidebar section has been squeezed into a smaller column which will act solely as a place to locate past posts, videos and other popular content. This makes more room for our posts section, meaning we can include even larger photos, videos and so much more.

Our new tagline says it all. Scribbles is indeed more than friends, we're family. And whether we see each other here often or occasionally, we always will be.

With Love,
Ken

1 comment:

Steve Sauder said...

I'm so happy you reconsidered! I was afraid that I would lose track of your goings-on totally without Scribbles! :)

Much love
Steve