May 1, 2014

NEW! Scribbles Video: Introducing Maria


My New Neighbour Truly Takes the Cake

Given what I've shared about the banging pipes at my new home, you'd be forgiven if you got the impression there isn't anything good about the place. Fortunately, when the noise subsides, there's plenty to get happy about and at the top of that list is my new neighbour Maria.

MARIA POSES WITH ONE OF HER CREATIONS
Maria lives on the main floor of this building and is very talented.

For example, check out this sampling of some of Maria's astonishing cakes. From the baking to making her own tasty homemade fondone [a special decorative icing used by bakers, which when not done properly, looks nice but isn't very edible] Maria's cakes are understandably in great demand.  One look at Maria's creations and you quickly see that a lot of love and pride goes into every detail.

Maria also loves to sing and play guitar and even writes her very own songs.
CHECK OUT LARGE VERSION OF THESE CAKE -CLICK ON PIX

I love when Maria invites me up for a cup of tea and a visit.

Below is a very special, exclusive video of Maria, performing her original song "I'm in Love". Our unique recording studio with its excellent acoustics, is our little secret, but I can say that neither of us have far to travel to get there.