May 17, 2014

YOU | Two Big Birthday's

THEN AND NOW: KEVIN MACNEIL WAS JUST A BABY WHEN I HELD HIM IN MY ARMS FOR A PHOTO. NOW HE'S ALL GROWN UP AS THIS PHOTOSHOPPED FAKE REVEALS

AMANDA WITH CUPCAKES-CLICK PIX TO VIEW LARGER

Since I've known him for all his life, it's hard for me to believe that Kevin MacNeil is celebrating his 30th birthday. But it's true. Kevin, his girlfriend Amanda, family and friends will gather on Sun. May 18th for a party that's going to literally be a big blast.

There will be a massive fireworks display to light up the evening sky at Walkinshaw Park in West St. Catharines. The party invitation indicated the fireworks will be popping until they're gone or shut down, whichever comes first.

Originally the party was slated for Sat. May 17th and I was prepared to join in the fun and hopefully recreate the photo of me holding Kevin when he was a baby. It was bumped to the 18th and wouldn't you know it, I will be in Toronto rocking in another landmark birthday. Francesca Mackie is turning 50 and doing it with a disco party at the Mackie's homestead.

CLASSIC PRIDE GANG PIX FROM 2004 -CLICK TO VIEW LARGER
This marks the first time I have seen the old gang in 4-5 years and I'm thrilled to have been on the guest list. I'll be staying at pals Terry and Terry's condo, somewhere else I haven't seen in eons.

Back in the day, I ventured to Toronto for Pride each year, where I would join everyone for the festivities. But with my aches and pains and lack of funds, what was once an annual pilgrimage has become a rarity.

Two invitations to two big birthdays in two different cities, both on the same day. Go figure!

I hope your 30th birthday party is a roaring success Kevin and I hope to see lots of photos.

Francesca and pals, I'll see you Sun. night and I can hardly wait!

PARTY UPDATES:

What a wet & wild weekend it turned out to be. Francesca Mackie's 50th Birthday party was unlike any other and everyone had a great time.

I captured much of the fun on video and in photos and will soon put it all together for a memorable video, as only Scribbles can do.

I have not yet had a chance to check facebook, but I am pretty certain when I do, I will find lots of photos of Kevin MacNeil's 30th Birthday party (which was being held in St Catharines on the same day and time as Francesca's Toronto gathering.) I will do my best to bring highlights of Kevin's big party for you to enjoy, soon. 

No comments: