Jan 18, 2013

Like a Page Out of a Magazine!

OK, now that I have the correct family, let's try this one again. Once upon a time there was a farm house in Renfrew where Connie and Don Farquharson raised a family while surrounded by chickens and cattle and pigs ....."oh my!"

DOUBLE VISION with Mandy & Janet
These days that country home is owned by Bill and Janet McParland (Janet being a grandchild of the original Farquharson duo - keeping the place "all in the family".)

Back in the day - somehow - Connie and Don found room enough for five children. These days it seems families need more leg room. The McParland's have two sons (Jack and Ethan) and decided to gut the old place and build a spacious modern new home.

The results look like a feature piece from Canadian House and Home Magazine (as we've illustrated above with the photoshopped cover.)  What an amazing transformation Bill and Janet. Looks like all that blood, sweat and beers were well worth the efforts.

And in case you were wondering...YES, I did incorrectly identify the picture perfect designs as belonging to Mandy and Randy Todd.  Mandy and Janet are twins and I've always had trouble figuring out which one is which....they look so much alike. My boo boo is inexcusable, had I simply read which twin had posted the pix on facebook instead of jumping to conclusions. I'll blame this one on my meds!!   LOL!

A big THANK YOU to Candice Farquharson for pointing out that I had the wrong twin : )