Oct 4, 2014

KEVIN'S KORNER | "Sometimes I'm Hungry"

by Kevin Spiece

Hey all.....

I've decided to lay it on the table and come clean SOMETIMES I'M HUNGRY

My pride and gratitude for what I have been given allows me to make do with what I have.....but I am young, in good health, educated and hard working....

What about those who aren't able to run around the city each day due to physical illness, lack of bus fare, mental confusion, or the fact they've been left to fend for themselves and often children, with no support system??

My point is that COMMUNITY CARE can not do it all, without some help.

I am hoping that by putting a face to poverty and speaking up, some attitudes may change.

I am so aware of many prejudices and misconceptions out there about the clients of a food bank, as I have shared every one of these objections at some point.

My plea to you all is to consider your situation.....assess your heart....and GIVE....

If you knew the struggles that people go through each day to just stay "clean", to remain upbeat, and to continue to climb a path toward self sufficiency and maintenance, would you continue to tell them to do it on an empty stomach???

As we start to make our lists of wants and desires for the upcoming holidays.....please keep in mind the NEEDS of some really wonderful people, who are trying to improve their situation
Please consider donating whatever you are able to Community Care.
Thanks....and please pass this along.

~Kevin Spiece

No comments: