Oct 2, 2014

EDITORIAL | Caring About Our Caregivers


When I stop and think about it, there are several members of our Scribbles "family" out there who are nurses, PSW's, hospice caregivers and other healthcare workers. You truly are the backbone of our health system and (for the most part) grossly under-appreciated.

Several decades ago I had given thought to becoming a nurses assistant (as it was called back then) After a thorough tour of the St Catharines General Hospital and a serious look at what this type of job would involve, I put the idea aside. With my pain issues, I would not be too good at lifting patients and I've changed diapers in my life, but they were all for babies...and babies I knew, I may add.

From skilled surgeons saving lives to those of you that keep the laundry clean, I salute you and really don't know how you do it.