Apr 22, 2015

PETS | Pretty Patches

PHOTO BY SCRIBBLES
My mom's cat Patches is one very cute and compact kitty and certainly not shy when it comes to having her picture taken, as seen here.

PATCHES, TIMMI, inset ME & MOM
I love how her front paws are crossed, one over top of the other. My Grandma Simpson used to do that (well, with her arms, she didn't have paws...and I can just hear her up in Heaven saying "Geesh" in her amusing way, over that silly paws pun.)


I'll be seeing Patches on a regular basis, now that mom and I have resurrected our weekly visits. Anyone who worked with me in the past decade probably remembers how going to my mom's for dinner was a weekly tradition.

I'd drop Timmi off on at "Nana's" on my way to work, where they and mom's then cat Sensi would spend the day together. After work I'd return to mom's in time for the last half of the Y&R, a delicious home cooked meal, a visit and computer lessons, when that was all quite new to mom. These visits were often the high point of my week and if we couldn't do it on our usual night, we'd book another night for that week...it was rare that we would skip a week.

Timmi doesn't spend the entire day with Nana like the old days, but he does make sure to get in time cuddled up on her lap and sharing treats with Patches.

I'm glad you liked the idea of resuming our weekly visits mom.  I know you are an extremely active lady and Timmi & I are happy you could squeeze us into your busy schedule.  :)