Apr 16, 2015

ME | One Helluva Month!

April 13th was exactly a month since JJ became critically ill and then died.
I was going to write something corny like, "A month ago my life changed forever and it will never be the same again" But really, couldn't the same be said for many things that happen in our lives? Things change all the time and never go back to a previous time...EVER! In this way, JJ's death is no different.
What DOES make it unique is the slumbering genie that was uncorked from its bottle since saying goodbye to JJ. It has forced me to look at myself, my life and my future in a most unflattering light. Things were pleasantly rose-tinted when JJ was around to distract me and occupy my every thought. Yes, Timmi is here to fill the void in some ways, but our senior buddy isn't big on adventure anymore and possibly the quietest dog I have ever met.
I don't like this genie and it's baggage (all monogrammed with my initials, of course) With this in mind, I truly can then say "A month ago my life changed forever and it will never be the same again" Whether that's a good thing or not remains to be seen.

Where's the New Scribbles Stuff??

Because of the events of the past month, my desire to be creative with Scribbles has been minimal. Oh there's plenty of half-started posts, waiting to be completed and published, but there's just something stopping me from rolling up my sleeves and getting down to business. 
Posts will get done when they get done, I'm not going to add beating myself up because I haven't worked on Scribbles, to the list of things that are bothering me right now.

Thanks for your continued support and patience,
Ken