Dec 5, 2015

YOU | Painter Pal Lives Only Minutes Away

Now that I no longer have a car to get me from place to place, I have been doing a lot more walking. Fortunately, my home on St. Patrick Street is centrally located, meaning I can step out my door, point myself in pretty much any direction and within 10 to 25 minutes, I am at one of several malls, plazas, coffee shops or fast food chains.

A few weeks ago, on an unseasonably warm, sunny day, I walked to many stores to do some shopping. Along the way, I passed by an apartment building and recognized it as being where an old friend of mine used to live.  "I wonder if David still lives there?" I thought to myself as I walked passed the high rise.


I decided to find out and later sent David a facebook message, asking him if he still lived where he once had and letting him know where I now reside (which is about a 10-15 minute walk away.) Much to my delight David emailed me back, confirming he indeed still lives in the nearby apartment building.

Having not spoken to each other much in the past few years, we got caught up online and then picked a day to get together. Our first visit in eons took place at my place, where we talked and talked and talked. David is an artist whose work has been featured in exhibits, with another planned for early in the new year.

David, I am so happy we have reconnected and look forward to getting together again soon. :)