Dec 2, 2011


Hartzel Animal Hospital Celebrates with an Open House

The vets and staff of Hartzel Animal Hospital were all smiles as they welcomed clients at the official Open House of their new location on Dec. 3rd.

Becky and I decided to check it out and after a warm welcome from everyone, we received a personal tour of their spacious new location from Dr. Hobbs. What an amazing facility. It was nice to see the areas usually reserved for their furry clients and hard to imagine how they managed for so long at their much smaller former location.
In addition to complimentary coffee and baked goods, there were also raffles and door prizes and there was a great turn-out on this sunny Saturday afternoon.

Hartzel Animal Hospital is comprised of veterinarians Dr. Martina Bukovska, Dr. Tracey Hobbs, Dr. Tanya Lowrey, Dr. Keri Evers and their friendly, knowledgeable and caring assistants. They're now located at 50 Hartzel Road and their Open House event was a year in the making.

We really had a great time ladies and you can bet you will continue to see me with my dog Timmi or cat J.R. or when I am there with my sister Jane Storie; Preston and Raina's mommy Becky Lee or picking up Emily's meds for my friend Marsha Scott. 

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks of Hartzel Animal Hospital when it comes to compassionate and professional pet care.  

Hartzel Animal Hospital
50 Hartzel Rd. - St Catharines, ON
905-685-7349

ATTENTION Staff of Hartzel Animal Hospital: If you would like to comment on the articles above , please contact me at scribblesonline@sympatico.ca

And thank you very much to my special "insider" at Hartzel Animal Hospital for making I had my facts straight.... You are the best   ; )



"My Lipith is on the Floor"

You just never know when or where you'll run into someone amazing from your past. Such was the case during Hartzel Animal Hospital's Open House, where I ran into my old pal Patty. To say I  was "delighted" to see her would be an understatement...just ask Becky, who as it turned out Patricia remembered from grade school (talk about a small world).

I met Patty when we both worked the midnight shift together at HoJo's Restaurant. I was the assistant manager and she was a waitress. We spent many late nights together and had the whole place to ourselves, so got to be a little silly at times (read: all the time...LOL) 

Patty's nickname for me was "Kazoo" and I remember preparing her meal break favourite "Mass chicken wings with no sauce". I still have the cool little cross necklace she gave me back then and it was so nice to see her and her beautiful mother again after all these years.

Patty I hope you are reading this and please email me at scribblesonline@sympatico.ca ANYTIME.




The 100 units of my apartment building all have a new place to, ummm, "sit a spell", thanks to the modern new toilets that were installed recently.

The new loo is taller than its predecessor so that meant some quick-thinking renovations for me. No longer will you find the black wooden cabinetry on the wall behind the toilet, it's moved to the bedroom for new duties. Replacing the cabinet is a large framed print of a tropical location and all the stuff we used to keep above the can is now located on white shelves near the sink.

Amazing how one new item can lead to changes to other areas...happens to me all the time :)


 


Jackie Hughes 50th Birthday cake says it all!


 Dear "God",
My prayer for 2012 is
a fat bank account and a thin body.
Please, try not to mix it up...
like you did last year.


Little Princess
Torontian Lilly looks pretty in pink much to the delight of her "mommy" Jody Edwards. I'm betting a Christmas outfit can't be far behind.