Aug 26, 2018

YOU | Surprising Jeanne on her Birthday

My cousin Jeanne, her daughter Megan, Megan's fiance Andy and their 10 month old son Joe paid a trip to Niagara from August 14-21st.

Since Jeanne and Megan once lived in St. Catharines, there's never a shortage of people to visit when they come to town. In fact it's not unusual for some well-wishers to not make the cut, when it comes to getting together with them.

With that in mind, I thought it would be nice to invite my family to come over to my place on the same day that Jeanne, Megan, Andy and Joe were planning on coming by. This way the whole family could get a chance to visit and meet Joe for the first time.

As luck would have it, Jeanne's birthday is August 16th (something you might remember seeing when she turned 60 in 2015 and my pal Doug and I surprised her by showing up at her party in the Ottawa Valley.) I told Megan that I wanted to make their visit a birthday party for her mom. My family knew, Megan and Andy knew, but officially Jeanne was lead to believe it was a visit that they would be having with me and my family.

Jeanne seemed very surprised to see the decorations, presents and birthday cake (that my sister Kim brought.) We had cocktails and munchies and then pasta dinner. I had anticipated a few more guests might be joining us and had prepared enough pasta to feed the entire neighbourhood. Hey, better too much than not enough.

 It was a great event and everyone had fun. Definitely worth the prep time I put into it.