Dec 9, 2019

Is 'The Simpsons' Coming to an End?

Is The Simpsons finally coming to an end? According to composer Danny Elfman, next season will be its last. Elfman wrote the infamous Simpsons theme song and he told the UK entertainment site JOE "I don't know for a fact, but I've heard that it will be in its last year."

The Simpsons is TV's longest running primetime series, currently in its 31st season, with over 700 episodes in its library. In 1987 the popular yellow characters first appeared in short segments on The Tracey Ulman Show before getting their own series that premiered Dec. 17, 1989.

It's no secret that I'm a major fan of the series, who has collected Simpsons stuff for 3 decades. The early seasons are my favourite but I haven't enjoyed the last few seasons much.

The Simpsons was renewed for season 32 and the buzz is, that will be the last. Stay tuned. Here's an encore look at my collection of Simpsons stuff...plus collectibles from other animated series.