Apr 18, 2012

Rest in Peace Gary

Our condolences to our Ottawa pals Megan and Andy on the loss of their bearded dragon lizard, Gary. Gary passed away April 16th, I believe he was about 6-7 years old and a dear companion to Megan and Andy.

Gary is survived by his brothers Larry the snake and Floyd the cat, who I'm sure will also miss their special scaley sibling.
  

    MESSAGE FROM GARY'S "MOM" MEGAN...   

"I just saw Gary's feature in Scribbles from yesterday.... thank you so, so, soo much. I really really appreciate it.. I couldn't go to work yesterday because I was such a mess, so I went home to Renfrew and we had a nice little burial for him in the backyard. It's hard losing your reptile pets too because you always think you're being a little silly or that people will think you're overreacting because they weren't a dog or a cat... but your feature in Scribbles for him made me feel a lot less silly. :)"
[KEN REPLIES: Never EVER let anyone make you feel silly for mourning the loss of your pet. Sure more people can identify with the loss of a dog or cat because there's so many of us who share our home with those critters, but that doesn't mean you can't bond with other types of pets. And Gary was certainly a great example of that.]

                                   WORLD EXCLUSIVE                                  
 COPYRIGHT SCRIBBLES 2012

Gary's final place of rest

A decorative rock marks Gary the Dragon Lizard's final place of rest, under a lilac tree at Jeanne and Peter Prince's rural home in Renfrew ON - in this photo obtained exclusively by Scribbles.